Casey Demons were downed in a tough and tight affair with Richmond in wet and windy conditions in Beaconsfield.

A slow start to the game has cost Casey with Richmond taking an 11.10 (76) to 7.6 (48) victory at Holm Park Recreation Reserve. The Demons kicked just one point in the first term and were on 1.2 at half-time. Richmond raced to a 40-point half-time lead before Casey settled into the game.

The game was deadlocked from the beginning with neither team able to score for the first 10 minutes. Richmond had control early but could only manage just four consecutive points through 17 minutes. The Tigers kicked the first goal of the term before closing the quarter out with a major on the siren. Richmond led by 16 points at quarter-time as Jack Trengove proved busy with 10 possessions.

The second quarter was the winner for Richmond with the Tigers kicking five goals to just one. Consecutive goals from Richmond had them into a handy lead early as rain trickled around the ground. Aloysio Ferreira added some magic to the highlights reel with a mid-air volley kick straight through the middle of the goals for the Demons first. The Tigers kicked three unanswered goals to take a 40-point lead into the main break. Jack Trengove and Ben Kennedy had 18 disposals each in the first quarter. James Munro had 17 possessions.

The Casey Demons were desperate for something early into the second half and Angus Scott produced that. The small forward snapped a great 30m shot inside the first five minutes of the third. Mitch White took a courageous mark on the last line of defence. After Richmond kicked a goal back, the Demons replied immediately with a centre clearance straight into Bayley Fritsch who took a strong mark and converted the kick. Richmond had a 41-point at three quarter time. Ben Kennedy had 28 possessions.

Ben Kennedy kicked a great goal under pressure in the first minute of the final term trying to spark the Demons up. Jake Spencer tapped a throw-in straight down to Maynard who snapped a beautiful goal to give the Demons back-to-back majors. The Tigers replicated the Demons with two successive of their own before Casey finished strongly with another set of two goals to reduce the final margin to 28 points. Bayley Fritsch and Angus Scott kicked their second goals for the game.

Ben Kennedy finished the game with 32 disposals and a goal, Jack Trengove had 31 possessions whilst Corey Maynard and James Munro had busy afternoons for Casey.

Casey Demons will have the bye next week before returning on Saturday week for a home clash with Essendon at Casey Fields. The game will start at 7:00pm.

 Match Report Brought To You By: